Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hold on to your seat, its going to be a long ride.....

Well, alot has happened since my last post, Dylan started and stopped soccer, the coach and I decided that soccer wasen't really the best sport for Dylan, he likes to tackle whoever has the ball and to be totally honest he wasen't really having that great of a time since it was soccer and he is a football star.... I'm now the proud mom of a soccer dropout!! He is doing great in school and getting closer and closer to writing his name unassisted. He enjoyed being buzz lightyear for halloween, but since this was his first experience at trick or treating, he only made it down 2 streets. He has also decided that no one is allowed to have a birthday before him, because he needs to be 5yrs old so he can play football and his coach is waiting for him.. He is so stinken cute...

Ok, now for the long part of this post. Lucas.... We had a very informative trip to the Williams Syndrome clinic. Most of the stuff they told me I kinda already knew, developmentally he is at about a 5-6mos level, his sensory issues are alittle worse then I thought, but we are working on fixing that. And after talking with the surgeon for our 2nd opinion on the fundoplication and pyloroplasty we've decided not to do surgery. He failed his hearing test, again, though I knew that was going to happen, Lucas is more interested in the women sitting in front of him then the pig that is moving and making low tone sounds to the left or to the right, yup, he's a ladies man... They've recommended OT/PT weekly in the home through early intervention (he was seeing each twice a month) and also that he receive OT/PT outside of the home aswell to work specifically on his sensory issues. I talked with a behavioral Dr who let me know what to expect from him this upcoming year, how to deal with discipline and that he can't be punished for his actions until he understands if/then statements. Also, after his speech evaluation I'm starting a word book for him as well as starting basic sign language. Most kids with WS don't start talking til after 3yrs old, and he needs a voice before then. Ok, now for the biggest news of all, are you ready, Lucas is EATING, yup, that's what I said, as of 10/18 Lucas has decided that he will eat baby puffs (as long as they come out of a certain container) and also any stage 3 baby food. He now eats 3 times a day plus an unlimited amount of puffs. He is off the tube alot more with only getting 5 quick feeds during the day and then a nighttime feed. Once he starts drinking by mouth I think we should be able to get rid of the tube all together. That would be nice! He is also sitting independently now. He sits on the floor and plays with his toys for at least 10mins now. I think the fact that he is off the pump more is making him ok with being independent more. We are still working on his lack of sleeping and I'm not sure when that will be fixed but I'm learning to live with lack of sleep, its not so bad when you adapt to it...

More later and I'll try to get some pics up..

No comments:

Post a Comment